Our initial consultation is just the start. Once we have managed your pain, we enable you to help your body to adjust and maintain improved movement and function. We want to help you improve your health and fitness, to get the most from life.
This appointment will be up to an hour duration, this gives the Physiotherapist time to assess your condition and any relevant history, give hands on treatment (which may include discussion if acupuncture is appropriate for you) a personalised exercise plan, tailored to you and your life goals, which will be reviewed in follow up sessions. To help your body to adjust and maintain improved movement and function, providing you with the knowledge and confidence to either prevent or manage future occurrences.
What will my treatment involve?
Your treatment will consist of a combination of the following:
- Biomechanical body and foot assessment
- Spinal or joint assessment manipulation, mobilisation
- Soft tissue massage / manipulation
- Sports massage, Soft tissue massage, myofascial release, trigger point massage
- Pilates exercise/ core stability
- Home exercise programmes
- Advice about your injuries and education
You do not need a GP referral before making an appointment,unless using private health insurance. Most insurance companies require a letter of referral prior to your initial appointment.